Choosing a wedding photographer is one of the most complicated choices you will have to make! It's important that you really like your choice, because you will be spending more time with your photographer than any other vendor, probably even more than your new husband/wife.
I recently interviewed with a couple who are really doing their research on photographers and their wonderful questions helped me to understand what may be the most important points to consider in your selection.
1. First things First, before asking tons of questions about prices and packages- ask if your date is available. This important question saves everyone some time.
2. What are your prices? It's very important to find out if this photographer is going to it into your budget or not.
3. How serious are you? Are you a full time photographer, or are you a person with a 9 to 5 who does photography on weekends? Do you specialize in weddings, or do you do families, babies and portraits as well? And most importantly, are you a legitimate business with backup plans and assistants? are you licensed and insured?
4. Can I see some real wedding galleries & albums? This will allow you to envision how your finished gallery of photos and albums will look.
5. Can I find you on Facebook? Yes, Facebook! I think this is one of the most important questions- You can really really tell a person's true self from his Facebook page, or even... yes business page. Some people put on a fake face in interviews, and it is totally apparent when you visit their page that they are a different person than they portrayed to you. If you dig deep, reading comments and old posts, you will be able to read and gauge past client's satisfaction much more accurately than with a testimonials page.
For more information, or to save your date- Check out my website, Galleries and pricing at: www.shannaduffy.com